Surrogate Mother Qualification
Women interested in becoming surrogate mothers with Be Parent:
• Must have delivered a child of their own, and is currently parenting at least one child.
• Must have completed successful pregnancy and birth, without complications, as documented by medical records.
• Must be between 21-37 years of age.
• In most circumstances, must have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of no higher than 33.
• Must have the support of her family. If married or partnered, the surrogate must have her partner’s support. Also, the surrogate and her partner/primary support person must agree to participate in a social work screening.
• Must be financially secure.
• Must lead a stable, responsible lifestyle.
• Must not use illegal drugs, smoke cigarettes, or abuse alcohol.